Sunday, February 12, 2006

Birds, Pumpkins and Trucks...Oh My!

Ever since we arrived home with Ivan six months ago...yes, six months ago January 30...he has fixated on different objects. The first two months he was all into birds. Birds, birds everywhere. Everything he saw a bird he would get excited and about jump out of his stroller.

Then as we moved into late September and October it became pumpkins. Good timing kid because they were everywhere! We were still getting out almost every morning for a 30 minute walk at that time and he was able to spot a pumpkin from 50 paces with no problems.

Then the pumpkins began to disappear and our walks drew to a close as the weather began to get cooler. Sometime shortly after Christmas Ivan discovered trucks...all trucks and any size of truck elicits the same excited "DAH, DAH!" from the back-seat. We had an unusually warm day a couple of weeks ago, so Ivan and I headed to the park for an hour or so after his nap. While he was swinging he spotted just about every truck that passed by the park. He was delighted and it just made me giggle. I have never made any kind of deal over trucks and neither has J. It seems to be a boy thing I suppose. It's cute really. Heck, everything about that little guy is cute, if I do say so myself.

No comments: