Monday, February 13, 2006

The Moon...

Last night I took Sherman out for his evening constitutional. While we were strolling up the street I noticed the moon. It was the same glorious moon that J and I saw every night while we were in Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan. It was so bright and silvery...it shimmered!

J and I would sit out on our balcony almost every evening while we were in Ust and stare at that glorious moon. J would usually smoke a cigar and I would just sit there and try to process the events of the day. It never failed that one of us would comment on the silvery moon at least once.

That moon became a sign of real hope and peace for J and me. It represented the final stage of our long road to building our family. We were finally there! Once we reached Almaty we no long saw that silvery moon. We had Ivan with us and there was no time to sit on the balcony.

I've seen the moon plenty of times since we returned home, but last night was the first Kazakh moon that I have seen since we left Ust in July. It was a real treat.

Life is good.

No comments: