Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm off...

Tomorrow morning I am leaving for a little getaway with my best girlfriend S, and I can't wait! We have lots of plans for our one night getaway: manicure, pedicure, eating out without kids, drinking cosmopolitans, reading stupid gossip magazines, and of course laughing until it hurts. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

This week Ivan and I have been at odds a bit more often than normal. I think that there are many factors at play here and one of those is that I need some time away from being a Mom. I know that now that we have Ivan I will never not be a Mom again, but a little time for just me is in order. My loving husband could not be more supportive of my little adventure; which is great of course because it means I can go guilt free! This will be J and Ivan's first full night alone together and I know that it will be a great experience for both of them.

So, I am hoping that when I return Sunday afternoon I will feel refreshed and ready to be a full-time Mom once again!

1 comment:

Chris Sapp said...

I stumbled upon your blog, and want to say hello. We, too adopted from Ust-Kamenogorsk just shortly after you did. We have a three year old, Mateo, and a 20 month old, Natalia. Check out our blog to see if you recognize either of them. It seems as though your family is thriving!

Love,
The Sapp Family