Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Self Imposed Time Out…

Yesterday morning after our Kindermusik class we came home and started to prepare for lunch. I had everything all made and ready to hit the table so I asked Ivan to start washing his hands. He ignored me, so I went on into the bathroom and started to let the water run for a minute to help get it warm enough for hand washing. I called to him again and heard a very defiant "No!" come from his room. I waited a minute and tried again. I headed to his room to inform him that he would be heading towards time out when I heard a noise coming from the kitchen. I heard Ivan’s chair scraping across the floor. Sure enough, there he sat in the time out spot.

After his time in the chair I asked him if he was ready to wash his hands and he said that he was and off we went.

No comments: