Saturday, February 27, 2010

I wanted to say no...

This afternoon I was feeling a little blah. Not sad exactly, but not my usual self for sure. I was on the couch in the den when Ivan came in from his playroom. He climbed right onto my lap and we were face to face. He asked me what I was doing and I asked him what he was doing and then he asked me if I wanted to go out and play basketball* with him. I wanted to say no. I wanted to say no way, I am sitting here feeling all blah and I don't want to get off of the couch and go outside where it is cold. But I didn't. I looked into those wonderful, brown eyes and said "Sure, that would be great". I knew it would lift my mood and that those are the moments that memories are made. I was right. We had a great time, a ball in fact. J joined us about halfway through and it became a family moment. Life is good.


*Basketball at this time/age is passing the ball, dribbling the ball and very little shooting. He loves it though and that is enough for me.

No comments: