Sunday, July 23, 2006

Messy house = Happy kid?

Before J and I became Ivan's parents I thought that I would keep a beautiful and clean home, stay on top of laundry and other household chores since I would be "at home". One year later I can safely say that nothing could be further from the truth. I can also say that (at least for today) that's OK. I'm sure that by the time Monday rolls around I will want to delete this entry entirely though.

The reality of having a toddler at home is that very little gets done as it did prior to their entrance and it really doesn't matter anyway. It is so much more important that I spend time with Ivan and that we dance and sing together. Not to say that my household chores shouldn't ever get done, but I am learning to accept that they (at least for the time being) aren't going to get done as often as I would like for them to...and that is OK.

1 comment:

Chris Sapp said...

I hear you! I'm the type of person that notices if a vase is facing the wrong way - everything in its' place. Nowadays. it just isn't so. But, even though I miss an amaculate house, I would miss stepping on matchbox cars and finding blue globs of toothpaste on the bathroom floor more. My glass tables and stainless refrigerator will never be fingerprint free, but it's so worth it. And like you said, okay for now :-)

Michelle