Friday, September 14, 2012

Hungry? Try one of these...UPDATED for 2012!

Here are some recipes that we are loving over here. All are "new" to us in that I have only been making them since the New Year started. If you try one and enjoy it, let me know!

I have been posting most of my new recipe finds over on Pinterest.  Come and take a look!

Pepperoni Rolls.  I've made this three times since I pinned it to my Pinterest board a few months ago.  It is one of Ivan's favorites.  When he sees it on the menu board, he gets so excited.  I like to make this tomato sauce to dip it in.  Mmmm.  Enjoy!  (9/14/12)

Navy Bean and Smoked Sausage soup - a clear winner with J. This has become his favorite soup. It makes a ton, but the leftovers are really good too. (3/1/10)

Fire-Roasted Tomato Chipotle soup - this is now one of my favorite soups. I really do not like tomatoes as a general rule so this was a risk for me to try. However, fire roast those things and I LOVE them. We have found that the tortilla chips are completely unnecessary but smoked cheddar is a must. Good stuff. (3/1/10)

Chicken Divan - my sister has been raving about this dish for a long time now. I finally tried it a few weeks ago. It's good, not great. A little heavy to have in the regular rotation, but we made two and now have one in the freezer for an easy meal one evening. (3/1/10)  I feel compelled to add:  I made this again last night with much more appealing results.  I used a little less curry than it calls for (personal taste) and a different and more appealing wine.  Oh, and a roasted chicken that I got on sale at the grocery store.  All of these minor changes added up to a much more satisfying meal!  So now I can heartily recommend this meal...go and enjoy.  (11/23/10)

Teriaki Chicken with a side of snark by TirienneAnne - I made this for dinner tonight. It was delightful. I served the chicken and sauce over brown rice (family preference) and sauteed some snow peas and tossed them into the bowl as well. A definite keeper! (3/1/10)

Shrimp Tacos from Southern Living September 2009 issue - we tried these on the Fourth of July and they were delicious! If you try them feel free to make the batter as follows: 1 egg, 1 cup beer, 1 cup flour, and 2 tsp. fajita seasoning. Don't forget the Mexislaw either...it adds great flavor and crunch. (7/24/10)

Emeril's uber rich and oh so good BBQ shrimp.  Wow, and double wow.  This was so scrumptious I can't even explain how authentic it tasted.  Well worth the effort, which wasn't as much as you would think.  Try it, you'll love it! (8/28/10)

Ellen's Tex-Mex Stuffed Peppers.  I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs last month and finally got around to trying it tonight.  It made a ton of food so I hope the leftovers are as good as the original!  J and I enjoyed it and I plan to make it again soon.  Perhaps next time making it in two dishes and sending the second dish to my parent's house.  Try it, you'll like it!  (10/11/10)

New England Clam Chowder.  What a warm and creamy treat.  I used inexpensive, canned chopped clams to help keep this affordable.  A great bowl of warmth on a cold Sunday afternoon.  This was easy and quick.  Yum. (10/17/10) 

Seared Duck Breast.  J made this last year for Christmas and we decided to make it again this year.  Wow and double wow.  That pretty much sums it up folks. (12/25/10)



As you can clearly see I love to search for recipes on The Food Network. They have so much variety and it's easy to search. I love to serve soup on Sunday evenings so that is why there are many soups recipes. Bon appetite!

No comments: