Sunday, July 25, 2010

I don't know why I love you but I do...

Oliver's favorite place in the house...the fridge!
I'm about to admit something that I am not proud to share: I didn't want to love Oliver. Sure, I wanted to like him. I was planning to like him a lot, but love him? No. The pain when we lost Sherman was so awful I was convinced that I did not want to go through that ever again. However, as always God has a better plan for us than we have for ourselves. In short, I have fallen so hard for this sweet little guy. His antics make me laugh out loud daily. I love to watch him explore the house and yard. I enjoy playing with him, except when he nips me...not loving that. I enjoy watching him nap too. In short his presence here has been more than just a balm for my soul, he has shown me that my heart can (and has) grow.

No comments: