Saturday, March 31, 2012

Daybook post #3


FOR TODAY 

Outside my window...rain.  It is in the low 60's and raining.  That's OK though, we desperately need the rain to wash away all of the pollen that has been polluting our sinuses for the past two weeks.  Rain on I say.

I am thinking...that I am sorry that Ivan's tennis match was cancelled this morning, but that it was awfully nice to have a morning at home.

I am thankful...that we are leaving for our Spring Break beach trip next Saturday!

In the kitchen...As I prepare for a fore mentioned beach trip I have lots of cooking to do this coming week.  Off the top of my head I know that I will be making dill dip, sausage balls, apple cake and chocolate chip cookies.  We love to have good stuff to eat when we are on vacation.

I am wearing...my pajamas.  A light purple shirt and light green flipflop/polka dot Capri pajama pants.  

I am creating...my own laundry detergent!  I am ridiculously excited to make this recipe and see what we think around here.  

I am going...to dinner and a show tonight!  Ivan's school is performing "Annie" this year as their spring musical and we have tickets for tonight.  J received a gift card for Christmas and we are planning on using that to cover dinner at a nearby restaurant.  

I am wondering...what church we are going to visit tomorrow morning for worship.  It is J's turn to choose and as of last night he had not decided yet.  

I am reading...nothing at the moment.  I finished my book last night and need to check-out a new one today.

I am hoping...that I will get everything done that I want to this week before we leave for the beach.  I have a fairly long list, but if I put my head down I know that I will get it all done.

I am looking forward to...the beach!  That is where my heart is right now...vacation.

I am learning...that I really want to follow God's plan for my life.  I am happier on the days that I get up and pray and study the Bible.  Those days, in contrast to the days where I choose to sleep-in, are so much calmer.

Around the house...J is watching a sports show that he enjoys, Ivan is building his latest Lego project, and Oliver is asleep on his pillow in the den.

I am pondering...how many churches we will have to visit before we enter the one that God wants us to call our new home.

A favorite quote for today...When you look at the world in a narrow way, how narrow it seems! When you look at it in a mean way, how mean it is! When you look at it selfishly, how selfish it is! But when you look at it in a broad, generous, friendly spirit, what wonderful people you find in it.

One of my favorite things...spending time with my family.  I really enjoy my boys.

A few plans for the rest of the week: see what I am hoping!

A peek into my day...I will begin to make lists for the upcoming week of preparation.  Plus the dinner and a show that I mentioned earlier!  

Ivan and I saw this rainbow a couple of weeks ago hanging over Ivan's school.  God's paintbrush is awesome.  Enjoy!



Thanks to Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook!

No comments: