Friday, March 02, 2012

Quick Takes #3


--- 1 ---

Ivan was out for Winter Break the first three days of this week.  It was really nice spending some extra time together.  We especially enjoyed not having to be so structured each day.  I love structure as a general rule, however, it is always nice to be a little less rigid.

--- 2 ---

I made some more homemade hummus this week.  Yum!  Might I suggest that you read the comments and watch the video before making it.  There are some really helpful hints in the comments.  It is also great with some chipolte peppers mixed in.  Enjoy!

--- 3 ---

I was asked this week to co-chair our church's VBS this summer.  I really prayed about it and am still a little unsure if I am following God's plan or my own fear with my answer.  I declined on Wednesday evening.  Sadly, this has never been a ministry I felt led to serve in, much less co-chair!  I am feeling a little smarmy because I am a "pleaser" and I KNOW that my answer was not pleasing.

--- 4 ---

I went to the dentist this morning.  A good report overall, just a few fillings that need to be replaced.  Ugh. However, at least they are not crowns!  I have had one crown done and it was terribly expensive.  Thank goodness for dental insurance.

--- 5 ---

Ivan's birthday is just around the corner.  He will be eight!  I can hardly believe it.  He is really starting to explore testing boundaries with me in particular.  I need to pray for more patience and consistency in my parenting.  He is a great kid overall, but he is willing to push my buttons from time to time.  I guess we would call that normal!  

--- 6 ---

We are planning a week at the beach for Ivan's Spring Break.  I am getting very excited about this trip.  The weather will likely not be as good as last year (we are going two weeks earlier) but the getting away part should be just as rewarding!

--- 7 ---

I am trying to be more thankful in my prayer life this year.  So far, I have been fairly successful with including thanks for many (seemingly mundane) things each day in my prayers.  However, I feel that I am becoming a little static with my thanks.  I need to really work on moving beyond where I am now and dig a little deeper to share with God my appreciation of all that he has done/is doing/will do for me.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

jen said...

I'm a pastor's wife and I think your declination (?) of the VBS chair position is perfectly acceptable. If it's not a ministry you feel led to, you can reasonably say "no". You prayed about it so it's not like you dismissed it out of hand.

Charlotte said...

Jen,
Thank you for your kind and supportive words.