Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Showing Off...

Today my sister and I returned to our old office to show off our new kids. C's second child is now 3 months and she wanted her old team to meet the new addition. I of course wanted my team to meet Ivan. It was strange thinking that they all knew about and were praying for Ivan before we had even met him.

C arrived at 9:30 to meet with her former boss for a few minutes and then I arrived at 10 to start making the rounds together. What a contrast we had going on. C's little girl was content to lay in her infant carrier and coo. Ivan wanted out of the stroller as soon as we stopped moving. He was cruising up and down the halls having a grand old time checking out people's cubicals. Everyone was excited to see the kids, and us. Folks were very taken with Ivan's unique coloring and eye shape. He is very blonde and fair, but has dark, slightly almond shaped eyes. He really is a striking looking child (if I do say so myself).

Most everyone was so excited to finally meet this little blessing that J and I have received. I was more than happy to oblige them and show him off. He was wonderful the whole time. My sister and I only planned to stay an hour and half, but it turned into two and a half rather quickly. We did not get back to our cars until 12:45! Ivan was starving despite the bottle of formula that he had at 11:30, but he did not get cranky or let anyone but Mommy know. He was a little clingy there at the end which let me know he was getting run down. C and I went to a little pizza place and had lunch. Ivan ate everything I gave him and then passed out in the car on the way home.

I couldn't help but beam about him the whole time. He is such a sweet little soul.

No comments: